It's been a VERY crazy past few days for me. I am finally in New York and I have been SO busy running around everywhere and getting settled (although I still don't officially have my own apartment). I have eaten out the past few days and nothing I have put into my stomach has been very healthy so I FINALLY had a moment to relax and serve myself a fresh salad. You can make this recipe with or without chicken, but I made it with chicken so I could share it with Jd. Find the recipe and quick video clip on building this delicious salad!
Barbeque Chicken Salad Recipe:
- 10 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Pacific® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 8 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1½ cups yellow corn, drained + rinsed
- 1 ½ cups black beans, drained + rinsed
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup reduced-fat, shredded Mexican blend cheese
- ½ cup light ranch dressing
- ½ cup low-sugar BBQ sauce (I used Stubb’s® Original BBQ Sauce)
- ½ cup unsalted blue corn tortilla chips, crumbled
- In a large stockpot on high heat, add 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add chicken breasts and cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove breasts from water and set on a plate to cool. When cool enough to touch, shred chicken breasts with a fork.
- Season shredded chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place romaine lettuce in a large bowl, top with diced tomato, corn, beans, onion, and cheese.
- Pour ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with tortilla chips.
I hope you all enjoyed this recipe! Special thanks to Jd for going above and beyond to create the video! Let us know what you thought in the comments below and send us your recipe ideas, maybe they will be featured on the blog! Don't forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Like us on Facebook too!