Weeknights can be insane, but this recipe will help you stay sane. We're serving up an easy, fast and HEALTHY meatless taco recipe featuring Gardein Beefless Beef!
Working full time takes its toll on me sometimes. I absolutely love my job, but by the time I get home I'm exhausted and annoyed from battling rush hour and the crowded trains. The last thing I want to do is prepare a meal when it's so much easier to order delivery or go out for a quick bite. Gardein's products have helped make meal time happen at home more often! Their products, including the beefless beef, are easy to make and you can prepare them fast, which means you can eat earlier and have more time to enjoy for yourself! Find our recipe for beefless tacos and guacamole below!
- Gardein Ultimate Beefless Ground
- flour tortillas
- 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil for frying the tacos
- salt and pepper to taste
Broccoli Slaw Ingredients:
- One bag of Broccoli slaw mix
- one bunch of cilantro
- 4 green onions
- 2 limes (or more if you want more lime flavor)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- goat cheese to garnish
First you'll want to make the broccoli slaw. Chop the cilantro and green onions then combine with the broccoli slaw mix in a large bowl. Cut your limes and squeeze the fresh juice into the mixture then add the olive oil. Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper.
Next, cook your Gardein Beefless Ground in a skillet. We cooked ours in olive oil with a little bit of butter to add moisture. Set the beefless ground aside. Add 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil into a frying pan. The add 2-3 tablespoons of beefless ground in the flour tortilla and fold in half. Let one side fry until it’s golden brown and slightly crispy, then flip it and fry the other side. Continue with this process until you have made enough taco to fill you up!
- 2 ripe avocado
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 large hand of cilantro coarsely chopped
- 1-2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbs olive oil extra virgin oil
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1-2 cloves garlic, optional
Dice your tomatoes and mash the avocados in a bowl with a fork then mix the two together in a medium sized bowl. Add the chopped cilantro and all the other ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator until you're ready to serve with the tacos or tortilla chips!
Interested in learning more about Gardein? Read below for more!
Gardein makes delicious, convenient and healthier versions of the foods we all love to eat. This plant protein is better for your body and better for the planet. Made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and veggies it provides the taste, texture and nutrition of meat but with less calories, less fat and no cholesterol.
Gardein The Ultimate Beefless Ground
- 12g of protein/ serving
- 84% less fat than regular ground beef
- Gluten free
- Good source of fiber & iro
Better for your body
- Made with non-GMO soy and wheat, ancient grains and veggies Gardein provides the taste, texture and nutrition of meat with less fat, less calories and no cholesterol.
- Gardein is vegan, kosher and each product has specific benefits (see product specifications).
- Reducing your meat intake just 1 day a week can have a considerable impact on your health. It increases life expectancy while reducing the risk of heart disease, cancer, obesity and diabetes.
Better for the planet
- The meat industry produces more greenhouse gases than the entire transportation sector combined.
- Small steps count and Meatless Mondays are a great way to start. In fact, if every American ate meatless just 1 day/ week all year it would be the equivalent of taking ½ million cars off the road.
- It takes 1,799 gallons of water to produce just 1 lb of beef. That’s the amount needed for 60 showers! Conversely, it only takes 52.8 gallons to produce 1 lb of Gardein. (source: Water Foot Print Research Methodology for beef usage)
A big thanks to Gardein for sponsoring today's post and sweeping me off my meat with Ultimate Beefless Ground!