Yum! If you're looking for the perfect ending to a long week, then you MUST try our Shrimp Scampi. We've been known for making homemade pasta before and this fresh spaghetti recipe, made with our KitchenAid stand mixer and pasta attachment, makes all the difference in our scampi recipe. Follow the recipe below!
- Homemade spaghetti
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 20 grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- freshly grated Parmigiano
- Follow instructions to made homemade pasta here
- Heat the olive oil in a wide saute pan over low-medium heat. Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes and saute about one minute
- Add the tomato halves and raise the heat to medium-high. Cook until they have become tender and softened
- Add in the shrimp and cook until pink. Then add the butter, lemon juice, wine, salt, and pepper. Let come to a boil and cook for three minutes. Stir everything and continue to cook for another two to three minutes, until the wine has reduced.
- Add the cooked pasta and parsley and toss to coat with the sauce.
- Grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese over cooked pasta and enjoy!